Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Whoops!

Unfortunately our vacation in September did not go as expected. I had problems connecting to the Internet so I could post and finally gave up.

All I can say is that we had fog, fire and long long long days of travel at 25 and 30 mph on very steep roads that mountain goats had built. The Redwoods were impressive and I am sure Crater Lake would have been beautiful if we could have gotten near enough to see it. We did however have a wonderful time at Wallowa Lake.

I rode a Tram up the side of a mountain, which I will not do ever again. Being afraid of heights, I don't know what made me ever think that was a good idea. I have ridden on lifts before, but they were more of a slope going up. This one seemed to be more vertical, very vertical. I was never so glad to reach the top and if I could have walked down, I probably would have done so. But, no I had one more venture to experience. The Tram got stuck so we were hanging over nothing. I realize it was only a few minutes, but it seemed like hours in my mind. I was smart enough to ride with my back to all the beauty that Wallowa had to behold. My husband truly appreciated it since I wasn't constantly yelling for him to be still! I would have kissed the ground when we got down, but I am too cool for that. From that point on the trip was great and we saw all that Oregon's east side has to offer.

I was glad to get home. Let's just say our next travel will be a while.

No comments: