Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Getting Buff

We have had quite a month! The one good thing to come out of this weather is the fact that all of us couch potatoes are actually becoming quite buff. I never thought I would say that I actually enjoy the shoveling, but I have found that I feel a whole lot better than I did a month ago. Does that mean I am becoming a person who might actually enjoy exercising? Well, I don't know that I would go that far, but I am seeing the benefits of actually doing good ol' hard work.

I am even planning what I am going to do to replace the shoveling. Oh my, I do believe I am starting to make serious changes in my life style. That is a good thing. Now I just need to keep the momentum in the months to come.

At work we were all bemoaning the fact that our backs hurt and muscles we weren't use to using ached, but we concluded it might actually be beneficial in the long run and how great all of Spokane is going to look this Spring!! I think the rest of America will be jealous. They will be wishing they had some of that snow to shovel. Of course if we were really honest, we really wish they did too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What have you replaced shoveling with? How are you doing? Are you keeping up the good work? Wishing you the best!

Jimmye said...

I am lifting weights and trying to incorporate aerobic exercise. Thanks for the encouragement!