Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year - Old Resolution

Well here I am again vowing to lose weight in 2009. Let's see, when I was 58 I vowed that if I didn't lose the weight before I was 60, I would never lose the weight. Then again when I was 59. When I turned 60 I thought OK if I don't lose the weight this year, I never will. Well here I am 62 and it is still with me. I have concluded that I can lose the weight, I just need to rethink my program since the one have had for the past five years isn't working. Of course I can't blame the program since I don't really stick to it long enough to reach my goal.

Since I am commitment phobic this is a big step for me. If I make the commitment, that means I have to actually do it and I have not been willing to make that commitment. I am now willing to make the commitment! It is a New Year and I can do this. I actually want to do this.

My reasons for losing have changed. I have a very active husband and realized that when we actually retire, I won't be able to keep up with him. I find that very distressing. We have many plans for travel and doing things. At this point I can travel, but I don't DO very well so it is time to make change.

What brought on this renewed determination was all the snow shoveling and snow blowing I have had to do in the past month. I am a slow learner. Exercise does really make you feel better. I knew this in my heart because up until a few years back I was always very active, but somewhere along the line I just stopped. Sad, but true. I also realized this has been the real problem for the past five years. I can eat right forever, but without the exercise I am just spinning my wheels. So I am going to continue to shovel vigorously and will add in other activities as we go along. The point is I am on the move no matter what! I am committed!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Go Mom! You can do it!