Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Day 8

Well we made it to Independence Rock today. I ran out of room for downloading pictures:) I guess I have filled up my card. Anyway it is a huge granite rock in the middle of nowhere and I do mean nowhere. Travelers have left their mark on the rock since 1830. We made our mark, well our imaginary mark, and then trudged on to our next stop in Riverton, WY.

We caught our first glimpse of the Tetons about 50 miles from our destination. They still have a lot of snow and the surrounding hills have a smattering of snow on them. Tomorrow we head for the Tetons. We are suppose to go through Togwotee Pass and I am hoping for scenic over looks all along the way.

Riverton is a spot in the road. Don't know that I would recommend visiting here for any length of time, but it is a good spot to rest the weary bones.

We should arrive in Blackfoot before dark thirty tomorrow. I am really excited to see my son, but have a special destination in mind also. Until tomorrow, good evening to all and to all a good night.

No comments: