Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Day 6

Well I thought I would not have a chance to write today, but we have a down time before dinner.

I must say it has been an overall interesting day. The elder of the group said about the trip to the cemetery that you start with a good road, then you go to half decent road, then a gravel road, then a dirt road which leads to a cow path. She told the absolute truth! We had 20 miles of paved road and then 30 miles of the gravel, dirt and path. It is beautiful country. The hills are a lot like riding a roller coaster with the same sensations as you go up and then suddenly down. It was fun. I have to say that the 50 mph speed limit was stretching it just a little bit toward the end.

I got some nice pictures of the cemetery and all the kinfolks for Albert and the girls. We had a very nice little memorial service for their Mom. Each of the kids took part, Nancy's husband officiated and I read Albert's poem to his Mom. It was a good day. We had a picnic lunch and then headed back to the big city of Wall.

We stopped for "homemade" ice cream at Wall Drug. Yum in the tum. We didn't have time to look around so we will head there either later tonight or in the morning first thing. It has whole lot of neat shops. Albert may have to drag me out, but I promised Christy I would find her something from Wall. Although she left a post requesting the burro, I think there might be a law against that.

Well as I said we are taking a time out before dinner bell. See you all tomorrow:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I checked online and it isn't illegal to transport adopted wild burros across state lines; however, they do have strict requirements for the future home of the burros. Unfortunately, I don't have the space for one at this time.

I guess I'll just settle for something from Wall Drug.