Pages

Friday, May 16, 2008

Day 4

Greetings! We have had a great day. We have been through tunnels, around mountains, through forests, over prairies and seen many wonderful things.



We have viewed dinosaurs of every shape at three different museums. The one at Hot Springs was an actual dig site that is indoors. There are numerous mammoth bones in a very large pit. It was very interesting.



We saw all kinds of wild life, deer, antelope, buffalo, turkey, prairie dogs, marmots and chipmunks. I don't think we missed anything that was alive and breathing. It was a beautiful day and all were out to enjoy it.



I did finally make it to the big presidents heads and there was much weeping and gnashing of teeth. They don't open until after Memorial Day. I came all this way just to specifically see the big presidents heads, all 43 of them. Oh well, I guess that means another trip in the distant future and then there will be many more presidents to add (hopefully the right ones). I do have picture of one at the gate.



We did get a glimpse of Mt. Rushmore, but that is on tomorrows agenda. It was a spectacular as I remembered. If you have never been to this part of the world, I highly recommend it!



Well it is late and we will get an early start. See you later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I can't believe you didn't get to see the big president heads! That's a bummer. I was really looking forward to seeing the pictures of them. Oh well.