Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Slow Trip To Relearning Old Things

Well I am into week two of my journey and I can tell it is going to be a long slow trip, but that is ok.  I just need to keep on trucking and keep on moving.  I am very proud of the 5lbs that are gone and never to be seen again.

The fun thing about it this time, is that I have a new perspective and learning so much about nutrition that I already thought I knew.  They say it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks, but I am finding that not to be true.  In addition, learning them has not only turned out to be a fun thing, it keeps me focused and interested. 

I am even thinking about setting a few goals here and there.  Not just weight loss goals, but activity goals as well.  My first is to relearn riding a bike.  I bought a bike a month ago and so far I wave to my husband as he rides away on his.  I have used up a few excuses to not get on that bike!  I have actually moved the bike from one place to another on the deck so does that count as exercise:-)  Guess not. 

I have found as I have gotten older I can't walk a straight line much less balance on a bike.  My theory on that one is there is more to balance.  So, I will continue to walk until I reach a 20lbs weight loss then I will challenge the bike.  Oh wait, I guess that would put me just about into the middle of winter.  Shucks!

No comments: