Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Let's Get Mowin'

My dear husband has had to work for the last last 17 days with only one day off.  They have been busy getting the schools ready to open and evidently there were a few not quite there yet.  He is plum tuckered out!  I am thinking he is more than earning a few vacation days.  I find I don't like having to entertain myself.  Not that I can't, but I would prefer not to.  But, I have been forced to take care of few things around the house. 

I was bemoaning the fact that the grass needed mowing and realized poor hubby just didn't have the energy.  I had just about made up my mind, very reluctantly, to try it myself, when I got a knock on my door.  The kid next door was looking to earn $5 and wondered if he could mow my front and back yard.  Now I am always willing to help out a neighbor kid and who doesn't love a bargain like that.  I told him to have at it!  In the meantime, dear hubby comes home and is mortified that I got someone to mow.  I told him the story and he thought, wow, what a good deal.  Well, I am also a soft touch for neighbor kids and actually gave him $10 and then hubby threw in $2 for gas.  It was great and I didn't have to do it!

I thought we had made a good bargain!  Job was done and hubby could rest.  But, leave it to him to point out that I was not fussin' over the fact that the kid mowed it too short.  I have to admit I do give dear hubby a hard time about that every time he mows.  I tried to convince him that it just looked too short because it had gotten too long.  He didn't buy it of course so next time he mows I am doomed to have short grass like it or not.  Boy, do a guy a favor and he takes advantage ever time. 

No comments: