Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

4th of July

I hope all of you are spending your 4th weekend doing something fun!   I on the other hand am in the middle of a kitchen remodel.  There are upsides and downsides.  The downside is my life is not in order and I am a creature of habits, many habits.  The upside is there are no dirty dishes in the sink, because there is no sink and I don't have to cook.  Don't get me wrong.  I love to cook, but sometimes you just need a vacation from everything.

It is going to look really good when it is done.  I have labored over every decision.  I got new floors first.  That only took 3 years to decide to do and to save enough money.  Then there was the process of selection.  Albert made the comment that I could buy a car in 30 seconds so why does it take so much shopping and agonizing over floors and counter tops.  My theory on that is cars are disposable (well for me anyway) and a kitchen I have to be happy in every day at least twice a day.  My surroundings are a reflection of how well I cook.  Well not really, but it sounded good.

Anyway the decision was made and I love love love my new floors.  Then I decided I really could use a new stove with convection of course.  That led to new counter tops because the old looked really old with the new stuff.  Now I will have to refinish the cabinets themselves because they look worn next to the new.  My husband is hoping I just get it right the first time, unlike my car buying.

I will have to post pictures after it is all done.  Albert just informed me it is lunch time so I guess I better give him my order for pickup.  Oh the luxury of a day off.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I know it's going to be lovely when it's done. So, when can I come over dinner?