Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Week 1

My intentions are always good and as always I started my diet on Monday. My goal was to focus on Rule 1, cutting the carbs. For the most part I succeeded until Thursday. Thursday was Mac and cheese day. Need I say more? Well I will anyway. I found myself not paying attention as I was talking with the family at the dinner table and mindlessly helped myself to small seconds and thirds (maybe even fourths). New Rule - Pay attention! Old habits are hard to break!

Regardless, I did manage to lose 2lbs. Not too bad and I am happy with that. I didn't put it on over night and I am certainly not going to lose it over night. So I am going to work harder on Rule 1, Rule 2 and New Rule 5 this week. Once I conquer those then maybe it will be warm enough to start on Rule 3.

OK, I admit that yes I am using the weather as an excuse because I do have a treadmill which is in a nice warm place. I know it is more than a clothes rack and a whatever happens to land it rack, since it is in my husbands office, but that is the other major thing I need to work on "commitment." I love walking in general and walk fast as a norm, but there is just nothing appealing about walking and not going any where. It faces a wall! Who in their right mind wants to mindlessly walk facing a wall! If I open the blinds on the window all I can see are trees, which is better than the wall, but you still don't get than free open feeling. Between the drone of the treadmill and the wall it just isn't a pleasant experience. So I justify my inactivity by complaining about the weather and using it as an excuse not to do anything. Guess I need a new rule about that one too.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Buy a small LCD TV and place it on the wall, then you have something to watch while you walk. Or do what I did, when I used to work out, listen to music. You can get an MP3 player, I'll show you how and where to download music, and then you can lose yourself in music while you walk. I used to close my eyes so i didn't have to stare at the wall... it's not like you're going to walk into the road or anything... and would gauge how long I had been walking by the number of songs I made it through. Music is good too because you can have warm-up songs, aerobic songs, then cool down songs.

Just something to think about.